Video marketing is an essential component of any effective marketing strategy by using video content to promote your business’s products and services with ads ranging from 15 to 30 seconds. Video campaigns are especially impactful when creating brand awareness, engaging customers, or showcasing a product or service.
Benefits of Video Marketing
There is a lot of hype surrounding the importance of video marketing, but are you considering whether or not this strategy is right for your business? Video advertisements provide tons of benefits, including:
- Consumers spend an average 20 hours per week watching videos. That watch time converts to limitless opportunities to get your business in front of a massive audience.
- Video advertisements are highly accessible. Potential consumers can see your ad on all their connected devices like smartphones, laptops, computers, and TVs through social media and streaming platforms.
- You can hit several marketing goals with video ads, including brand awareness, sales conversions, and consumer education.
- A video is a versatile marketing piece because it can be posted on various platforms, including social media, OTT streaming, and company websites.
- Video marketing campaigns are reliably better at building trust between consumers and businesses than static or text campaigns.
- User tests report that consumers better understand a product or service after watching a video about it.
How to Start a Video Marketing Campaign
Create a Story
You want your video ad to tell a story about your business, product, or service. Select a campaign goal to focus on and stick to it! The most effective video ads are concise and contain a single call to action, since including too much information in one video becomes confusing. The key to great video marketing is developing a story relatable to potential customers.
Hot Tip: The first 10 seconds of a video are the most important. The opening frames must catch the viewer’s attention and intrigue them enough to continue watching the ad.
Produce the Video
There are two options when producing a video ad. You can film it in-house with a high-resolution camera or smartphone or hire professional videographers specializing in creating content for video marketing.
Successful ads feature clear branding, a compelling call-to-action, engaging audio, and relatable content featuring real people. It can be difficult to hit all of these factors on your own, so hiring a professional team to create video marketing materials you intend to use across multiple ad platforms is wise. You can use the same video in many places, so you will realize an excellent ROI by paying for a professional ad.
Advertise the Video
There are several platforms to consider in your video marketing strategy. The top three ways to advertise your video are:
- CTV & OTT advertising on streaming platforms
- Social media
- Your company website
There are time limitations for different video marketing strategies, but 30-second ads are the most widely accepted by platforms, so focus on that length across channels.
Consumers turn to video platforms to gain an understanding of a product, watch reviews on it, and learn how to use it. Therefore, consumers are more likely to purchase an item or service they see in a video than in any other marketing campaign format. So, boost your sales and grow your customer base with video marketing!