How to maximize your CTV investment
Over 195M viewers have cut the cable cord to switch to CTV and OTT in the US market - more than Instagram and Twitter active users combined - so why isn’t CTV a major part of your advertising strategy?
Afraid you won’t know how to act at the cool kids’ party? Here’s a cheat sheet. It’ll be our little secret.
- Before anything else, identify the goal of your campaign: are you looking for brand awareness or programmatic performance? This decision will affect creative, strategy, and KPIs, so consider it carefully.
- Avoid the temptation to get too granular in targeting so that your reach can stay where you need it. If you want to target several segment sets, consider dividing your campaign into different strategies. Separating strategies will also help you compare results and fine-tune campaign targeting overall.
- Test early and test often. One of the most revolutionary changes CTV has brought to the TV advertising landscape is real-time reporting. This affords users unprecedented flexibility in budget, creative, and targeting. Don’t hesitate to mix things up!
- We recommend Automatic Bidding in order to get the most out of your budget.
- Be concise and to the point - especially for performance ads.
- Don’t ignore audio. If you are used to social ads, you already know how to create impactful graphics, but sound is an intrinsic part of TV advertising - make the most of it!
- People want to watch people. Include people and faces in your creative if at all possible.
- Keep your branding - URL/logo/brand name - on the screen at all times.
- Use a strong CTA (Call To Action) at the end of the ad, preferably with a voice-over restating it.
- Don’t take our word for it, check the reports! Vibe’s exceptionally simple dashboard allows you to manage Impressions, CPM (cost per 1000 impressions), Completed views, CPCV (Cost Per Completed View), and Spend over time, and View-through rate in real-time.
- Stuck on creative? We have partners to help you! Simply contact support.